The Manager’s Path: Camille Fournier in conversation45:14 120 views 100% Published 4 weeks ago
How can you avoid the common pitfalls of engineering management?
As you ascend into managing engineers, or managing managers, there are people and technical challenges to balance while continuing to understand your evolving role.
How can you make sure you are moving in the right direction and not getting caught in some of the common management mistakes?
Join Suzan Bond for a live interview with Camille Fournier, author of the popular book The Manager’s Path: A Guide for Tech Leaders Navigating Growth and Change. Camille shares how you can manage your personal career growth, effectively mentor juniors, manage upwards with, and ultimately become a better manager yourself.
- Understand how to have difficult conversations and give continuous feedback
- Communicate your needs from your own manager
- Learn to manage individuals while staying focused on the whole team
- Build a healthy culture within your technical team
- Establish good management practices as you move into senior roles