PHP UK Conference 2014 - Ian Barber/Mandy Waite - Building Scalable PHP Apps With Google App Engine54:38 1188 views 50% Published 8 years ago
At Google I/O 2013 back in June, we announced the addition of a new PHP language runtime for App Engine. Google App Engine allows you to build web applications on the same scalable systems that power Google applications. In this talk we'll take a look at building and running highly scalable PHP applications on the App Engine platform. Here's some of the topics that we'll cover:
- Deploying and running popular PHP applications and frameworks on App Engine
- Differences between applications running on App Engine and a typical LAMP stack
- Using asynchronous calls for I/O requests
- Utilising App Engine services such as task queues, memcache, mail and servers.
- Composing applications with Google Cloud Storage and Google Cloud SQL